close must read
29 July 2015 , 13:17 WIB
NEW PALM OIL PROMOTION IN NGO STYLE
24 June 2014 , 17:25 WIB
THE FARMERS NEED SUPERIOR SEEDS
Main News

4 Researchers from IPB Revealed the History of Palm Oil Areas

14 September 2017 , 06:18 WIB | Read : 27 | By : Administrator

InfoSAWIT, BOGOR –Palm oil has really contributed to the people’s economy nationally. But it always faces the negative accusation about the environment. This raises polemic to the public. If it keeps happening, it is afraid, it systematically would make potential loss for palm oil areas in a whole in Indonesia.

So four researchers from Faculty of Forestry, Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB), they are, Yanto Santosa, Arzyana Sunkar, Erniwati and Intan Purnamasari did research about the history of status, area usage, conservation of palm oil in this country.

 

The data was taken in February to April 2016 in 8 Big Palm Oil Areas (BPOA) and sixteen Independent Palm Oil Areas (IPOA) in 4 districts in Riau Province. The result of the research showed, the status of the areas in BPOA is no more forest region in the business license and the Business Rights Certificate that had been published,

 

7 of 8 concession areas in BPOA derived from the forest changing function (67.70% derived from HPK, 30.35% derived from HPT, and 1.95% derived from HP). The history of the areal usage before BPOA operates were: 49.96% were ex Business License of other companies, 35.99% were ex HPH, and 14.04% were the former of people’s farm. “The data was supported by the result of the landsat image prediction of the concession areas, one year before BPOA got the licenses. The prediction result also revealed, 49.96% were the rubber areas, 35.99% were secondary forests, 10.7% were open areas, 3.03% were bushes, and 0.84% was the dry farm and bushes.

 

Meanwhile the status of IPOA that had been observed (47.5 hectares), were, 91.76%, were no forest region when the areas turned to be palm oil areas, and the rest, (8.24%) were forest regions,” Yanto said in his official statement.(T3)

. . . for the full article can be read in a InfoSAWIT Store.
InfoSAWIT Store